Tuesday, January 29, 2008

JOHAN SANTANA IS COMING TO SHEA !!!!!!!!

THANK YOU OMAR!!!!! YOU'VE ANSWERED THE FANS PRAYERS. Pending a contract agreement and physical, Johan is going to be wearing orange and blue this year.

Since last summer I've been pushing for this trade to get done. I was hoping it would happen sooner than this, but better late than never. This will be a history changing trade for the Mets. No more will fans talk about trading Nolan Ryan, or Tom Seaver. And Scott Kasmir will soon fade from the conversation too. Omar with this one trade has now put the Mets and their fans on the doorstep of Destiny.

Santana is the missing piece to the Mets World Series title hopes. With a rotation of Santana, Pedro, Perez, Maine, and either Hernandez or Pelfrey, the Mets have the best rotation in the NL and I'd say all of baseball. Coming from the AL, Johan will benefit by pitching in Shea and against the weaker NL line-ups. He should lower his ERA by at least half a run, and add about 30-40 more strikeouts to his yearly average. I see no reason why he doesn't win 20 games this year, and compete for a Cy Young. The Mets now have a legitimate 20 game winner [Santana], a returning Cy Young winner [Pedro], and 2 youngsters [Maine, Perez] who won 15 games last year and should get to the 17-19 win area this year. I think this puts the Mets in the 100 win area now. And they still have three 1st round picks in the up coming amateur draft. None of the players traded for Santana is going to make a difference for the Mets in the near future. Johan will have an immediate and long term positive effect on this team. That's something that could never be said about anyone the Mets had in the farm system.

Now all Omar has to do is get Johan signed, and watch the city turn into a sea of Orange and Blue. Now is not the time to be cheap, but no need to be stupid either. I believe a 5 year extension at $22-24 Million per season with an option for a 6th and/or 7th season should do it. I've heard that Johan wants a 6-7 year deal, but I think that will have to be done thru options. He has the same agent as Jose' Reyes, and the Mets have a good relationship with him. I think Johan will enjoy this city and soon will be the King of NYC. Between David Wright, Johan Santana, and Jose' Reyes, the Mets have the 3 biggest stars in the City and will for many years to come.

So Guinness, are you ready to admit that I was Right? I can show you an e-mail I wrote last summer that says the Mets will have Santana in Shea stadium in 2008. I guaranteed it. Now all I need is for Santana to bring 3 World Series titles in the next 5-7 years, and both parts of my prediction will come true. LET'S GO METS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: