Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Omar does the Fans Proud.

I didn't think it would happen, but Sosa has been sent packing. Omar did the right thing. I know I've been critical of him at times, but he made the right move. Sosa was hurting the team and has personally cost the Mets at lest 4 wins this year. Regardless of his $2 million contract, Sosa has the man that needed to leave the team, not Joe Smith. Joe has done nothing but excel this year and he's earned his spot in the pen. After striking out the side last night and only allowing 1 inherited runner to score all year, how could Omar send Joe to AAA?

As far as the other moves, I have mixed feelings. I like Nelson, but he was regressing and he kind of lost his spot after his comments last night. Pagan on the DL was a good move. The bench is too thin to have someone who can't play the field right now. Tatis is another Marlon Anderson type, but with more power. He can play the infield and outfield. And He gives Willie a right handed bat for 1st base. So maybe Delgado can get some days off and stay healthy. Wise had to come up, or the Mets would lose him too. We'll see how he fills Sosa's spot as long relief. Vargus, I don't know. I know he was in the big leagues and is a proven pitcher, but I'd like to see a young gun come up from AAA to get the start this week. He should get a couple of starts, but when Pedro gets healthy, who knows if he'll be around.

Overall, Omar did some good today. Now we just have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

No comments: