Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Dark and Troubled times ahead

I have a bad feeling about the rest of this week. If The Mets lose tonight, they're done. This team has never shown at any time this year that they have a spine. I've been screaming to the heavens all summer that they lack a Killer Attitude.

They've been playing like they are owed a playoff spot. Keith Hernandez has said more than once that they play "Country Club" Baseball. I keep waiting and waiting for them to show some life. To show some bad boy attitude. They continue to allow lousy teams to beat them, and lousy pitchers to dominate them. They need to start making teams and other players pay for their mistakes. I want to see cleats buried in forearms and shins. I want 2nd basemen and catchers leveled if they get in the way. I want Perez to bury a fastball in the ear hole of the last batter he faces tonight. I'm tired of watching a bunch of sissys wearing Mets uniforms. The Phillies hit Beltran with a pitch in the ribs. Someone on the Phillies needs to bleed. Keith, Gary, Doc, Dykstra, Backman, Seaver, Ryan, Cone, HoJo, and Grote would never allow this kind of baseball to be played. They made people pay for even thinking they belonged on the same field with them.

On a different note, I'm looking forward to seeing Perez pitch tonight. I want 8 innings [because I don't trust Willie's ability to manage the pen], 10+ strikeouts, less than 2 walks, and less than 3 runs from Perez. He's a big game pitcher, and the Mets need his attitude and strong left arm tonight. Hopefully the bats will decide to show up too.

I got to go now. I'm getting all worked up, and I haven't had dinner yet. I need to eat before I watch the game and lose my appetite.

No comments: