Monday, August 27, 2007

this and that as the game goes on

Guinness, I hope your right about Mota. I just don't trust him. He's had good outings before, but then has reverted back to trash again.

The Mets are doing their best to make a nobody pitcher look like a Cy Young canidate again. It's so sickening to see this happen over and over during the season. Brian Lawrence is not doing himself any favors tonight. He throws a slow pitch inside to Burrell, and it promptly gets parked 10 rows back in the seats. I hope Lawrence still has his apartment in New Orleans, he's going to need it.

The Mets go a break on a call at 1st against Rollins, but David Wright gets wrung up on a high pitch that was clearly a ball. Go figure.

Guinness, haven't you ever seen Rey Ordonez' play back in the 90's? He was absolutely breathtaking. Just like Barry Sanders when he played for the Lions, Rey made it worth watching the Mets. No matter how bad the Mets played, he made the game worth watching.

I think it's time to bring Pelfrey and Humber back once the roster expands. Pelfrey can pitch out of the pen, and Humber can get his feet wet as a set-up man or long relief. From what I hear, Humber has been all but unhittable in New Orleans.

Hopefully the Mets decide to get a run or two before the game ends. I get so disgusted when they can't bury AAA pitchers in the early innings.

6 comments:

Kevin said...

anyone else think the brian lawrence experiment should be over?

Dan the Mets Fan said...

Kevin, I agree that Brian Lawrence should no longer start a game but I would still like to see him in the pen for long relief.

Dan, I saw Rey play and I agree he was amazing. I just meant that Omar is the best in the game today.

Dan the Mets Fan said...

Omar probably is the best as of now because of his reputation. He makes up for his lost step by positioning himself to get to the ball easily. Someday Reyes will have that ability. Right now, Reyes relays on pure speed to get to balls.

Dan the Mets Fan said...

Hey Kevin, what do you think of the format for the Blog? Do you have any suggestions?

Dan the Mets Fan said...

Why did Willie pinch hit for Green?!?

Dan the Mets Fan said...

Did I mention that another thing that bugs the heck out of me is Reyes tends to fall asleep in the field? His sleepwalking to the field just lead to a run. If he covers 2nd, Conine might have thrown out the runner. Now that runner scores because Scott is giving up more gifts to opposing hitters. The Mets are Amazing, but for all the wrong reasons.