Saturday, August 25, 2007

El Duke comes through again

Well, time to go watch the old fossil El' Duque throw some more "Bugs Bunny" curves to some young pups. Lets hope this weather reminds him of Cuba and his younger years. 7+ innings and 7-10 strikeouts and only 2 runs. That's what I'm hoping for.

Well Delgadud left the 1st 5 base runners stranded before finally get a hit and scoring. David Wright continues to hit and El' Duque has been great this game. As I write this he has just given up a homerun to Gonzo. I'm not surprised. Gonzo hit the ball hard but foul the last time up. Now he's just given up a home run to Martin. There's the 2 runs I predicted. Now he has to stop the bleeding and get out of the 7th inning. I'm glad to hear Mota isn't warming up in the pen. Maybe Witless Willie has learned a lesson. Either that or Omar gave him orders to NOT PITCH MOTA in close games.

Well, I figured El' Duque pretty good. 7 innings, 2 runs, 7 strikeouts. Not bad at all for the old Fossil. Wright once again was on base all night, and Gotay is holding his own at 2nd. I hope Wagner was just a little tired and not hurt. I troubles me anytime the Witless one uses him in a non save situation. He's 36, and needs to keep his arm fresh for the stretch drive to October. Unless it's a save, he should sit.

Well, time to go watch the Bristol race. I'm glad the Mets won, and with a little luck can stretch their lead some more

No comments: