Wednesday, September 26, 2007

4 More to go before Willie's out the door.

I must say something about Humber's pitching tonight. I think he pitched well. He was put in a very difficult spot and gave the Mets a chance. He gave up the 1 home run and walked a few batters too. But, he left with the lead after 4 1/3 innings. I think he got tired as his pitch count up. He basically hadn't pitched in a month. I think he has a future on the team.

The pen blew it again. Joe Smith, who was so good before Willie sent him to AAA, gave up the 2 runners that Humber left on base. Then Feliciano gave up 2 more. Lately those 2 are as bad as Mota. Where was Muniz? Where was Collazo? I don't get it. Why have these people in NY if they don't get used? Schoenewies, and Heilman pitched well , and El Duque even pitched a good inning. I think he may be of use these next few game coming out of the pen. Wagner put the knife in the Mets heart in the 9th. He gives up 2 more runs and the Mets died there.

Beltran hit 2 home runs tonight. Alou' extended his hitting streak to 30, and also hit a home run. David Wright extended his hitting streak to 13, but hit into another DP. That's 3 in the last 2 days.

I can hardly watch these games anymore. Why anyone would want the Mets to make the playoffs now, I don't know. The sooner they go home the sooner the trash can be taken to the curb.

I did hear on piece of good news this evening. The BRAVES want Tom Glavine back in Atlanta next year. Hooray !!!!!! Now we can work on getting Peavy or Santana in NY.

What do all of you think about Glavine's pending departure to Atlanta? Who would you like to see replace him in the rotation? Let us know.

No comments: