Saturday, September 22, 2007

A long night in Miami

I'm late on posting this but I'm blaming the rain last night. I had to watch a rebroadcast of the game before typing away here.

I'm not going to beat Willie up on last night's game. Mota had a few days off and the pen is wasted. I didn't see him pitch, but it appears that he did ok. Schoenewies got the save and seemed to have a fighting attitude about him last night. I think he understood that someone in the pen needed to step up and slam the door. The pitching of Mota and Scott gave the pen a rest and allowed Heilman to get ready for this long stretch. The Mets have NO DAYS OFF until the end of the season, so getting Aaron some rest was needed. He may be doing the closing for the next few games.

Pedro Martinez was good. I saw 93 on 1 pitch, and he was battling a strike zone the size of a postage stamp. He was giving the Ump dirty looks all night. Pedro's curve was great and he had good movement on all of his pitches. He got hurt with hits and runs because of the tiny strike zone.

I don't know what's going on with Feliciano. He's been very erratic lately. I think Willie needs to sit him for a few games. Use some of the call-ups instead and give Feliciano a rest. I hope Wagner gets his back straightened out. I know how much that can bother you. You hardly can turn your head or walk around without being in pain.

Gomez had another base running blunder. He must be listening to or watching Reyes. You can't be thrown out at 3rd base. I'm surprised Willie didn't go over and get in his face. Oh Yeah, that's right, Willie doesn't do that.

Lo Duca is on fire. If he keeps playing like this down the stretch, it'll be hard for Omar to not offer him a contract this off season. Oh Yeah, silly me. Omar wants to pay Posada or Pudge $8-10 million/ yr and get some more old Hispanic players on the team. Maybe Omar will realize that $3-4 million /yr for Pauly is better money spent. The money saved by resigning Pauly and not signing Glavine could be used to get a Stud Ace on the staff. Somebody like Santana or Peavy. We as fans can only hope.

No comments: